Thursday, July 10, 2008

been gone

I have been crazy busy lately. It seems I don't even have time to do any of the things I used to. My life has changed. Still trying to figure out if it's for the better or not. In some ways it is, in some ways, not so much. I have to create balance. I have resigned from Guest Services, effective August 1st. There are many reasons for that decision. The main one being that I need to be able to mingle with the people and recruit for missions trips, make connections, and run a missions booth on a reoccurring basis.
I am going through a huge growing phase right now. I recently joined Toastmasters so that I can become a better speaker. (before, this was a huge phobia of mine) I am working on other areas of weakness as well. And I am stretching myself to the point of almost breaking, but not.
I don't want to waste my life. I have an incredible opportunity where I am right now, and who knows how long it will last. If I don't try to become the very best I can be, God will pass me up and use someone else.
Growing is hard and painful, and I'm tired. So many days I want to quit and go back to where I was, where it was easy. But I won't.
I do want to get back to updating this blog though. I printed last years blog into a book, and it's cool, kinda like a record of my life in '07. I read it the other day, and wow, have I changed alot since that first fateful trip I took.
I'm gonna go to bed now...

No comments: