Saturday, July 05, 2014

Italy - part 1of 6

Vatican City selfie
Sorry it's been so long, summer is flying by.

We just returned from our family vacation to Italy!
Due to severe jet lag, I have zero desire to post 800 plus photos on here, so I'm going to post maybe a couple per post.

This first post will be about Rome. We stayed in the weirdest "hotel", it was so hard to find because it was an apartment building. I didn't know this when I booked it on HOTELS.com.
 This was the entrance. Yeah, that's graffiti. 
Anyway, Rome was hot and crowded but it was fun to see all the sights. We were there 2 days and saw the Coliseum, Forum, the Pantheon, the Spanish steps, some fountains and went to Vatican City and saw the Sistine Chapel and the cathedral. In the Pantheon, there was a choir giving a beautiful performance and then walked into the crowd telling them about Jesus. Very cool experience.
Rome was my least favorite part of the trip but I was very grateful for the chance to go.







Hannah and her soldiers


Pantheon

1 comment:

~kristi said...

I can't wait to see your pics. Living vicariously through you