Monday, August 20, 2007

Red

If there was a color theme for this year for me it would be red. Last Christmas my husband bought me a red journal, a friend also got me a red journal and said she hoped it would remind me of the fire and passion that is within me. Then I got a Dove chocolate that said "You look good in red". Then for Valentines Day I got this amazing huge red leather bag/purse/tote/luggage :) , that I carry everywhere. From then on it seemed every time I turned around I was buying something red. I think I bought 3 pairs of red shoes this year. Anyway, this trend has continued with my kitchen. I've been trying to paint it red. But this darn wallpaper border WON'T COME OFF!!!! It is driving me nuts. I'm ruining my finger nails picking away at it, just so I can then paint it red. It is so trivial and mundane, yet it brings out my fiery passionate side. If I commit the same energy and dedication into something real - imagine the possibilities.
Today Josh's coworker who donated to my fund raising, told him that she senses an annointing on me for missions work. She said the minute she opened my letter, she knew she was going to help me. That really floored me. But it all is starting to make sense. I love to travel. I love photography. I love to serve. I want to change the world. What better way to combine these things than with missions!!

1 comment:

Josh Karnes said...

she said she thinks you have an anointing for missions. that's no small matter. a calling on your life is what God intends for you to do. an anointing, on the other hand, is what God has specifically gifted and blessed you for.