Thursday, February 11, 2010

So at Bible study today we were talking about women and what the true measure of a woman was, etc.. and we were also talking about friends. This has been a tough subject for me lately, as I lost 3 of my closest ones during my visit to lala land. When I came home, i was left with 1. Amy. (Hi Amy! praying for Dans arm reconstruction today.). Anyways, she lives in Pennsylvania so I really didn't have anyone here to lean on. I remember one night that was particularly rough very early on before everything really started I was in the front row during worship and I was weeping and having a very hard time because of reasons I won't go into, and this woman walks right up to me in the front row and put her arm around me and just stood there with me. I told her I didn't think I could stand on my own any longer, and she said she would hold me up. I barely knew her at the time, but since that day she has become one of my very best friends. She showed up in my life right when I needed her. She always lets me cry and whine, but then always kicks me in the butt and makes me get back out there. She expects the best out of me and inspires me to be a true woman of God. Love you Rene, I'm very thankful for you.
In the last year God has blessed me with a whole new set of friends that I'm grateful for and my circle is slowly being rebuilt. I will never take any of them for granted, because I know what it's like to walk alone in the valley of death, and I don't ever want to go there again.
Show some love to your sisters in Christ today. Love you Rene, Ames, Heather, Nancy, Andrea, Kristi, etc.. you know who you are. thank you for loving and accepting me where i was.
xoxox

2 comments:

~kristi said...

love u too!! I really enjoyed Monday night and have been thinking about those "true" friends in life since. I kept thinking about you during the message and was wondering why and then remembered it all got started with the video from Swazi passing out gifts - made me cry.

amy said...

yes- it does take losing it all to realize what you have sometimes and I am finding true friends are so, so rare and valuable, something so special and precious when you are loved right where you are at your shiniest or weakest and blackest- I love you sister, thanks for loving me for my plain, simple,confused, flawed and ridiculous self that loves you to the end of the earth!!!!