Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Home

We finally arrived home at 2:45AM after several weather delays. So glad to be home. Vacation always makes you appreciate what you have back home.
I have over 900 pictures to go through. I don't think I will be posting them all.  :)  Maybe I'll choose one or two per location or site. I'll be making a photo book, as usual, I may post a link to view that if you're interested to see them all.
I badly injured my knee on the next to last day of our trip. Not sure how it happened, but all of a sudden it was just excruciating. Maybe a wet cobblestone or something? Whatever I did, it has not gone away and I might actually have to have it looked at.
Most of the days were cold and rainy with a few beautiful sunny afternoons thrown in. Despite the weather, we had a wonderful time. We saw most of the major tourist sites and many backroad neighborhoods that were absolutely adorable. The Louvre was my favorite. Closely followed by the formal  gardens of the Palace of Versailles. I also loved the quaint neighborhood of The Marais, and the view from the top of the Eiffel Tower. We all enjoyed the French bakeries. They make the best desserts! Josh enjoyed introducing us to his beloved crepes and we enjoyed eating them! Every pastry I ate was superb. I will miss popping into one of those places on every corner. However, the prices in Paris are as high as people report. Oh my goodness, just a coke in one sidewalk cafe we ate at was like $6!
We became virtual pros on the subway system and we walked endlessly. It was a great way to see all the lesser known parts of Paris. On our last day we had a photo shoot with a local photographer. Can't wait to see the family and couple shots she took! I don't think that we have had our pictures taken by someone else since the kids were babies. It was an unusual experience. But I really wanted good family pics from Paris.
Anyways, I have to get my jetlagged, sleep deprived self to a meeting now. Au revoir

No comments: