Saturday, November 24, 2007

learning

So I am trying to train myself to be a leader. I am reading every leadership book I can get my hands on right now. I'm on my 3rd John Maxwell one currently. I desire for someone to come along beside me and teach me, kinda like my own personal Yoda. But it seems people are too busy or just not interested in mentoring anymore. I have a glimpse of the vision that God has for me, but not by any means a complete picture. One thing I know now is that I'm supposed to be learning as much as I can over the next few months. I think I'm going to need this wisdom next year.
One thing I have been reminded of in recent weeks is to not rely on people to fulfill your needs. God is teaching me reliance on Him and strength from within myself. Certain people have disappointed me and hurt me deeply recently, but I can't let that shake me or keep me from where I'm supposed to go.
Anyone else been where I am ??

No comments: