Saturday, November 17, 2007

remembering

One day while we were in Monterrey at the conference we were asked to come up and pray for all the attendees. They were pastors and church leaders from all over Mexico and we were just supposed to walk among them and pray over them. Well I remember thinking to myself as I wandered through the crowd, "who am I, that I should even be used to bless such amazing men and women", but the thing is, they didn't know who I was, nor did it matter. And that led me to thinking that they could have thought that I was a pastor myself or a president of a large corporation. They didn't have the crutch of knowing my history, so they wouldn't even doubt if I told them such things. I could have been anybody, without the weight of my past 34 years. It's almost like at home people label you early on as such and such, and changing who you are can be difficult, unless you go somewhere where no one knows you.
(Not that it matters who you are when praying for people, it just occurred to me then, is all.)

No comments: