Wednesday, February 13, 2008

missions

I found out today more specifics of our trip to Panama.. specifics that I don't exactly like :-)
Like getting up at 4 am and having to speak to a group of people I don't know, and do children's ministry, etc... which got me to thinking, why the heck am I going anyway? Why do I want to put myself so far outside my comfort zone into this primitive place to do things I don't really want to do? I don't get it. Why do I set myself up for pain and discomfort? And then get so excited about it?

I can be talking with someone and the topic of traveling to some insanely foreign country for a mission trip comes up and all of a sudden this thing comes over me and I involuntarily turn on this passion and enthusiasm that even I didn't know was there. When I get like that I could convince anyone to go anywhere! But why?? What compels me, and where does it come from?
It absolutely has to be a God thing, that's all I can figure.... What is it that's inside of me that He can use?

3 comments:

Josh Karnes said...

what happened to your little comment box?

Remember God has plans for you that are way beyond what you can foresee for yourself. He knows not only what you are capable of NOW, but also what He created in you that you have not even discovered yet. You are moving into the part of your life where you cease to subside just under your strength and God's grace, but also under the strength of God to accomplish His plans through you. So it's not about your limitations anymore. It's about God's unlimited capability, and your willingness to allow that to flow through your life.

Shileen said...

I deleted it cause no one used it.

Excellent point you're making - that's good stuff.

Josh Karnes said...

glad you approve :)