Thursday, March 07, 2013

Jordan news flash:
 She is transferring to a school near to home after this semester. She has decided she hates science. This is no surprise really, as we were warned this may happen to freshmen entering the program. It's 95% science(water sampling, chemistry, research, etc) and about 5% mammals. So she has had a change of heart about the direction her life should take. She also severely misses Michael (and us). The holidays were very rough on those 2 with his mom dying and I think that her priorities have shifted quite a bit. She will change majors to become a kindergarden teacher. This suits her very well.
I am not at all sad about this development for more reasons than the obvious. We miss her. But she is also having a major issue with a man down there. His name is Steven and he's 30 something years old, mentally challenged, and a student there. It's a very long story that I won't go into, but he's not only harassing my daughter but he has previously been charged with a very serious crime in 2011 and is out on bail from what we understand. All you need to know is that she needs prayer for protection. He's very angry with her and is unpredictable. It's taking every ounce of faith I have to not pull her out 2 months early. But I don't want her to lose all these college hours. The campus police are aware of the situation and have told him that they are watching him. And I know the Lord is watching her. 
If you think of her, please join us in prayer.

2 comments:

~kristi said...

I did the same thing. I pursued marine biology, not to the extent she did, but then changed to kinder. Will be praying for her and you.
We don't want to be in the city any more, looking for land.

Shileen said...

I would love to move to the country, but I don't like snakes and critters.