Thursday, July 30, 2009

on a lighter note

High Speed Chase

After an intense high speed chase, an officer finally gets the lawbreaker to pull over.

"You know," says the cop, "I was originally pulling you over to tell you your taillight is out. Why the hell did you take off like that?"

"Last week my wife ran off with a cop," the man said, "and I was afraid you were trying to give her back."

Devil in the Church

One Sunday morning, Satan appeared before a small town congregation. Everyone started screaming and running for the front church door, trampling each other in a frantic effort to get away.

Soon, everyone was gone, except for an elderly gentleman who sat calmly. Satan walked up to the man and said, "Don't you know who I am?"

The man replied, "Yep, sure do."

Satan asked, "Aren't you going to run?"

"Nope, sure ain't," said the man.

Perturbed, Satan asked, "Why aren't you afraid of me?"

The man calmly replied, "Been married to your sister for over 48 years."



love those, they make me smile.. and smiling's good :-)
looking forward to ladies night tonight, gonna see The Ugly Truth , then probably end up at Chilis as usual..
One side effect with these antidepressants is sleeplessness. I haven't slept enough in over a week. I haven't been able to fall asleep until around 4am, and i have to get up early the next 5 days because of various appointments and seminars. I feel like a zombie. I graduated to a higher dose today so hopefully the side effects don't double.
I am actively looking for a part time job, so if you know of anything let me know. I prefer 2 or 3 full days as opposed to 5 half days. I want to take some drawing, design, advanced photography, and some dance classes in the fall, and I need some new camera equipment, so I need a job to fund my new adventures. :-) God has given each of us gifts and talents and it is our job to glorify Him with them. I need to figure out exactly which ones he wants me to use. I feel like I am starting my life all over again and this time I'm really figuring out who I am and who I was created to be.
I know I am a child of God and that is good enough, even if I never do anything else. But I also know he didn't give me the personality and boldness that he did just to be an extra in someone elses life.
God, shape me, mold me, create in me a new heart , a new purpose, give me new vision, new dreams that are only from you. Resurrect the woman you want me to be.

3 comments:

~kristi said...

sounds like a good day!

Anonymous said...

I love it my friend! Blessings, Cheryl

Unknown said...

Let Yvette know what kinds of work you're looking for. Assuming she tells me, I'll keep my eyes open.