Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 has been one of the best and worst years of my life. I was bolder
than I ever have been, and also learned my limits. I have loved more
than ever and been hurt more than ever. I have learned that I'm not
'all that' that I thought I was. To some I am completely replaceable
and forgetable, but to others I am invaluable. My pride has taken a
huge hit this year, but I'm learning humility. I'm learning how to
keep walking, when you don't think you can go another step. I'm
learning how to start over.
I am stronger than I thought I was.
I have survived drugs, therapy, losing my bff's, and the humiliation
of returning home and then to church, and the unbearable pain of
hurting and shaming my family. And I'm still here. I didn't die or
throw myself in front of a train. And the biggest miracle of all -
they still want me here. I AM irreplaceable. I AM unforgettable. I am
'all that' and a bag of chips, to the people under this roof. They
keep me going. One foot in front of the other.
However...
I am so thankful this year is almost over. I am soo done with 2009.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

~kristi said...

well put- here is to a new decade!