Thursday, December 10, 2009

So we had quite an eventful day. Took forever getting here with all
the weather delays. We finally made it to the hotel around 8:30pm
eastern time. We asked the front desk for a dinner recommendation and
ended up at this Italian joint. The setting: small, dark cozy
atmosphere with the Italian mafia looking guys standing around
watching over you like Centurions. Add a crazy piano player with ADD
and you have one of the best dinners I have had in a long time. Then
we went and figured out the subway system(an adventure in itself) and
made it to the Empire State Building. Oh My. We opened the door at the
top and the 45 mph north winds that kept our plane away were out in
force. That was the coldest wind I have ever experienced in my life.
No joke. It had to be negative something windchill. It literally took
your breath away. So did the view. I have pics as you can see in this
preview but I forgot the cable so I'll pick one up tomorrow and upload
them later. My iPhone pics aren't gonna do it justice. We also
explored Grand Central Station which our Hyatt is attched to.
Ginormous. It's 12:30 am here and the crowds are still out. A night
owls dream. I love this city!

1 comment:

~kristi said...

NYC is my fave city. Stage Deli is really good Carnegie Deli (the one with all of the famous people's pics) are teh only two restaurants I remember. Go to Devil's Kitchen for pizza.