Thursday, May 24, 2012

So my car battery died today. Because I wasn't stressed enough about not being ready to go yet, not started packing, and I had to work today. So of course, I'm complaining, "why today??" I'll tell you why today..
I get home after being jump started and josh charges it with a charger. We go out to run errands thinking it wad fine that I had just left a light on last night or something, but it dies again. Get another jump start and then head directly to Walmart where we bought the last one, 3 years ago. Guess how long the warranty was. 3 years. Guess what month. May. They replaced a $100 battery free of charge. If it had died when I got back from Thailand it would not have been free. That right there my friends is grace and favor.
We don't always know the "why today?" answers, but sometimes we get to see them and it builds our faith.
I realize it is a small inconsequential thing, but it really brought me great joy and understanding today so I thought I'd share.
God is in the little things that make up our world. Like last week I had been searching high and low for this certain nice suitcase in this perfect bright aqua color for a gift for Jordan, with no success. I had just about given up and it was late and I was out of time, but I just couldn't quit, and decided to hit one last store on the way home. I nearly cried when I saw it sitting there. It was exactly what I was looking for, and it felt like God had delivered it there just for me as a reward for not giving up. Or maybe just so I would go home!

Thanking Him today for the little things.

No comments: