Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Today is the last day of homeschool for the summer. Forever for Jordan.
Tomorrow they take finals at One Day Academy, then they're done. I am no longer responsible for Jordan's education. She is. They make it a point at the A&M new student conference to separate the kids from the parents so they learn to do registration and class selection on their own.  This is sooo weird.
 I never thought I would homeschool this long. I couldn't even imagine the day I would graduate one when I started. She has way more credits than she needs, along with a bunch of college credits as well. And a great GPA! I am a proud mama. I'm also a very distracted mama. I can't seem to focus on anything, or get anything done. I tried to sit down for my quiet time and kept reading the same scripture over and over and over again. I can't read. I don't feel particularly anxious about Saturday, only very slightly anxious about flying solo with my child to Thailand, so I'm not sure what it is. Maybe a slow rev up to a total emotional break down?? Nah, I don't think so. I'm holding it together pretty well. So far. I'm excited for Jordan. She's about to embark on an amazing journey. I'm even kind of jealous. I'm also excited to have Hannah as an only child for a while. She'll get alot of undivided attention come fall. However, I will need another (or different) job either this summer or fall. College loan payments and all. Gotta start knocking that out now.
GTG..

No comments: