Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 7 of Operation Weight Loss -- My numbers have been all over the map this week, I suppose my body is just adjusting to the new routine. But today on day 7 I am actually down 1 pound from last tuesday. I'll take it. Man, it's hard to lose a pound. Hopefully the rate will pick up this week, now that my body knows I'm serious. Yesterday was a rest day and my body hurt so bad. I've got that acid build up everywhere. Part of it was from working on the stairs with Josh this weekend. AKA, the never ending project.
Day 10 of said Never Ending Project -- (so technically we only work on this on the weekends, for the most part, but still, it has been 10 days)

 

prettier view from upstairs :)
Picture on left is after he tore out the carpet. The one on the right is this morning. As you can see, he had to completely redo the bottom 3 stairs, which took almost a whole day. Making and painting the white kick plates took another whole day. This weekend he got almost all the dark wood cut out and installed, just 2 pieces left! Then we start trim work.  The front of each step obviously will not be natural wood, it will match the stair. Then we need to do the bannister and handrails. I had no idea this would take this long. It's a good thing to have a husband who's good at carpentry, but my desire to accomplish a long list of projects around here has diminished with each passing day of this project. I dislike the house being filled with saw dust and tools. I need clean.

No comments: