Thursday, December 06, 2007

Africa update

I just talked with Shileen earlier today. They have finished their visit in Mozambique and were very tired and heading back to the hotel for a quick night's sleep and then drive back to Swaziland tomorrow AM.

They did a Christmas party for one of the Care Points in Mozambique and had over 400 children there. I didn't get a lot of other details. We will have to wait for Shileen to get back and provide a full report. Sounds like a much bigger thing than I expected.

Rusty is doing much better and Shileen says she has also been a little bit sick but got some medicine and is doing better. I am not surprised as I am still sick myself so I bet she has my same cold.

Continue to pray for the team, particularly their health and safety during travel. I'll post as I hear from Shileen. She says mobile blogging doesn't work and text messages are only intermittent at best. There is a pretty good chance there will be no cell phone coverage in Swaziland so I may not hear from her again until she makes it back to Johannesburg on the return trip.

-josh

No comments: