Sunday, December 16, 2007

how do you leave


these kids? At the airport coming home when I watched Patrick (our host) walk out the door to go back to Swaziland and we had to get on the plane, it was heart wrenching for me. I wanted so badly to follow him out that door. I know I have family here at home that need me, but why do I feel that draw? I read on someone else's blog that Africa has that effect on you; you don't want to leave. It's the simplicity, the basics, the serving, the getting your hands dirty, the Africa smell, the beautiful land, the joyful people, the way they sound when they sing, the smiles of the children, the incredible missionaries living there, the non commercial Christmas, driving on the other side of the road, it's wildebeast stew, and the red soil... all these things call to me to come back... and I know I will.. maybe next year?

No comments: