Tuesday, September 23, 2008

friends

So what do you do when your inner circle of trusted friends dissolves? You stand in an auditorium packed full of women and feel completely alone.
I miss the days of having someone to call to go shopping with me, or go to a movie on a monday for no reason. Do you know that in the last few weeks I went to a movie by myself for the first time ever? I also ate out at a restaurant alone for the first time. I miss terribly the days of regular girls night outs, wimberly first saturday market days, thinking my phone was broken if I hadn't heard from people in a given day,and the love and support only girlfriends can provide. Last night was a painful reminder of that lack in my life right now. I don't understand this season. Seems like when you've been in a valley is when you would need friends the most. But I guess that's where you find out who your real friends are. And who wasn't. And those whose time has come to move on. So as I climb out of my valley and see my future on the horizon, I find myself standing alone(for the most part). It has been good only in that I have had to rely on God alone.
This last year has been really hard on me, but it is time to rebuild.
Maybe this is Gods plan for me to rebuild that inner circle with an even stronger one. I am praying for women who inspire me, who will lift me up and not step on me if I fall again, women who challenge me, who will strengthen my walk, and women I can build up. I want relationships that become a force to be reckoned with.
Thank you Lord for new seasons. Thank you for getting me through this time. I thank you in advance for the relationships that you have ordained, now coming to pass. Thank you for your faithfulness, and for always knowing what I need. I love you.
In Jesus' Name, Amen

2 comments:

stgoebel said...

Argh!! I wish I was there... I am praying for your new season, too... LOVE YOU!!!!!! St

Anonymous said...

I too feel this same way......
does this have anything to do with
homeschool? ha :)
and I cant get to you on facebook
my name is
april venezio zwerneman
please add me
luv ya!
az