Friday, November 13, 2009

trip


So I'm leaving soon for my grand adventure. (well, in like 4-5 years) It's gonna be grand. An around the world expedition. Going to Alaska, New Zealand, Fiji, China, Thailand, surfing in Hawaii, snow skiing in Switzerland, seeing Spain, Russia, tour of Europe, Greece, Israel, Morocco,Maldives, Brazil, Peru, well, you get the picture... I'm starting a savings account today. Not gonna be a dead Ellie that never made it. I intend to get several of these knocked out before the big trip. Like for example one thing I've always wanted to do is stay in a nice hotel in midtown NYC and go ice skating under the Rockefeller Christmas tree on my birthday. I'm doing that in a few weeks :-)
We are going a few days early to see a Broadway show, go Christmas shopping, hang out in Central Park, go to the Met, NY Stock Exchange, etc..
And I have already done a few things on my list as well, these past few years.. (African safari, Panama Canal, ziplining in Costa Rica, driven Highway 1 down the California coastline, climbed a volcano, parasailing in Mexico,etc..) So I am well on my way. Just have to be deliberate about it.
And while I'm at it I intend to save the world, end world hunger and negotiate world peace. A girl can try. Hey, maybe a little bit of Shileen is really coming back!

So anyone who sends me money for my birthday this year, now you know where its going :-)



No comments: