Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Well I'm back on the job hunt again. I told my boss I would be leaving sometime in the near future. I hated having to tell him that because I really like him. He's a great guy. But I really don't think this was a good fit. he wasn't surprised at all. He said he knew it was a 50/50 chance that I would like it but he was hoping for the best. It's just too black and white and all about rules, regulations, and corporate crap. Nothing is done at the local branches. Working most saturdays sucks. And the scheduling time off ordeal is a deal breaker. I have to know right now when I'm taking a few days off in 2010?! And only a few days at a time..totaling one week?! Right. Not going to happen. I plan to go to Ethiopia, Africa at least once, plus any trips at church I can get on. Then we have girls trips, family vacations, impromptu Shileen needs to get out of town trips, etc.. The whole spontaneity thing.. hello?? What was I thinking? Thinking I needed to change. But one can't simply flip ones self over onto their head and expect to perform excellently upside down. This is as left brained a job as you can get with no option of leaving town. And I thought I could pull it off? I guess I wanted whatever was opposite of me.
So if you know of anything part time, FLEXIBLE scheduling, maybe even contract style job, send it my way...
I'll still be at the bank for november,and part of december probably unless I find something else sooner..
Gotta go get dressed for lunch with my long lost traveling girlfriend Rene at Mama Fu's in GT..
then for the dreaded four letter word..((work))

No comments: