Wednesday, October 06, 2010

"Everyone's watching, to see what you will do. 
Everyone's looking at you, oh.."
That is the soundtrack playing in my head in most places. When i walk back around a corner i can hear them talking about me and what I'm doing. You really meet some strange people walking into random businesses in Austin. I've met some seriously sweet ones and some seriously strange ones.   And despite meeting new people every few minutes, it's a very lonely job. 
"The people I meet, always go their separate ways.."
I really am out there on my own. I have  a guy on the other end of my Gchat line in California, if I have a question, but mostly it's just me. I don't like that aspect. I'd rather at least have a partner or something. There are 5 of us in Austin, but we're all in different quadrants so we'll never run into each other. Haven't seen or heard from them since California. I don't get home until around 6:15, so there's only a few precious evening hours to get everything done. I don't like that at all. I feel so out of touch and it's only been 3 days. I guess I'll get used to it. 

I taught a sweet old man how to use his google business page today. That was really cool. Met another who didn't even have a computer. And another wearing a fake handlebar mustache.    Hard not to look and continue our convo with a straight face. And then there was the comedic jeweler who wanted me to stay a while so he could pitch me all his ad ideas for me to pass to Google (um, yeah sure, I'll get right on it).  
At least my job is never the same day twice. 

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Josh Karnes said...

oh, no. this doesn't mean you are going to be working for the weekend, does it?