Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Couldn't decide whether to post todays photo, so I think I won't. It was a picture of a run down apartment/home in a very run down neighborhood. This is nothing unusual for the town I'm mapping, they seem to be everywhere there. But why did this one in particular break my heart? Because it was the home of one of our soldiers. I saw him walk in with his army uniform. This is a tragedy. These men, and women, deserve our best. They deserve the nice homes the politicians live in. They are the ones with their lives on the line, defending us. Defending freedom. It totally kicked me in the gut today. I was so upset. Instead of giving them the pay they deserve my tax money is being spent on an idiot artist somewhere who sucks so bad he can't sell his "art" to anyone, so the government subsidizes him. One of 3 billion examples of wasteful spending. When those who have earned it, don't have it.  Lord help us to elect a president that has his head screwed on straight.

1 comment:

~kristi said...

AMEN! I know that pisses me off too (especially when the majority of the homeless I see are Vets.