Sunday, June 26, 2011

This morning I had a dialogue with myself about the fact that I may never have a future in missions, and that I may never do anything extraordinary, and that perhaps maybe my life will be ordinary after all. And I was really ok with that. After all, I put myself here, not God. I had my chance and blew it. A life of ordinary, I decided, was gonna be ok.
So I get to church and Pastor Mel (africa campus pastor- this is his last sunday visiting in the usa, they're going back to africa)he walked by as he was getting to his seat as service was starting and he stopped and leaned over and said to me as the music was starting.. "last time I saw you I noticed something different about you. I talked to Pastor Karen and she absolutely agreed. So I wanted to tell you, you are welcome in Africa anytime. "
I think I hugged him for like 5 minutes, fighting back tears. He hugged me back equally as hard and with as much emotion.
Why do we underestimate God and His grace? Or His impeccable timing?

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: