Wednesday, February 08, 2012

We have started a family gratitude journal. We are going to fill up this book with all the little and big gifts God has given us. I have enjoyed seeing it out on the bar and everyone adding to it every day. It does bring joy to thank God for everyday things He has blessed us with.
My ailment seems to be healing, slowly. I still have 3 days left of these antibiotics, so we'll see if I'm completely better then.
I finally booked tickets to Thailand for Jordan and I for right after her graduation. That was not easy, and I work for a travel agency! Just trying to find the right combinations of flights and prices is tedious. Travel agents don't get any discount at all either, it just helped to know my way around the sites.
So we're going from Austin-San Francisco-Hong Kong-Singapore-Chiang Mai, Thailand. Our longest flight leg is 14 hours, with a total of 24 hours actual flying time, excluding layovers, to get there. Yikes. Pretty similar to Africa, just the opposite side of the globe. Then returning we substitute South Korea for Hong Kong. And we stay overnight in Singapore.
Oh, and on the way I get to visit my friend Heather in San Francicso for the day :)
Going to be quite an adventure for the two of us!

No comments: