Monday, April 02, 2012

Saturday morning pre production meeting, tuesday night rehearsal, thursday/ friday all day set up, 7am saturday morning set up and run through, 5:00AM call time Sunday morning. What on earth am I up against this week you might ask??  Just Easter at our church. Go big or go home, right? As I've mentioned before Tim Tebow is coming to speak and we have hired a 90 bus crew for transporting people to and from the property, a stage crew, lighting crew, sound crew, etc.. but we are using our own film crew (including yours truly) for all the video. We can't livestream it, but it will broadcast at a later date(after editing) and shown live on our jumbotrons?? I am supposedly running the onstage camera (unless I can talk my way out of it beforehand). I don't like being seen, but I will do as I'm asked, I'm here to serve. The whole event is taking place on top of our hill that hasn't been built on yet, which is why we have this huge labor need. It will be a ginormous undertaking.  However, I can't help but to be upset that my husband is not part of the band team. Too old, not hip enough, not sure why, cause no one seems to have an answer, but it's just not cool and I'm having a hard time with my attitude about that whole thing. He's been there nearly 8 years and has been a solid member, and they're using a guy who's been there about a month. I'm sure they have their reasons, but it still doesn't feel good. But........I am a firm believer in God's delays and ways working out for our good. So there is a reason for it all, and apparently God does not want him on that stage; something about it would alter his life in a way that's not supposed to happen. Period. You either believe God is in control or he isn't. So I guess it's my turn to give myself away for this event and I'm happily going to do it. If just one person hears the Word of God and believes, it will be worth the blood,sweat and tears I'm sure to give this week.

No comments: