Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hannah is about to head out for her 3rd night playing/singing at church camp in Burnet. We've had to pick her up close to midnight each night at church. She has her little possee of friends that are the youth band. I'm so happy she has found a place where she fits in and where  people really value her skills. I know how important that must be to her, especially at 15. Apparently they all convinced her to get on stage last night with their rapper (yes, the youth band has their own rapper) and join him for a few lines. Wish I could have seen that. My little girl who used to be so antisocial, until she found her way to the piano and microphone. She has come alive. I hear stories from adults about how surprised they always are when they see her on stage for the first time. She is just such a natural leader up there.
I'm a very proud mama.
My oldest, college bound, wonder child has been working her butt off at the nursing home. Turns out she really likes old people. :)
I'm very proud of how she's adapted to working so much, so quickly. And in such a very different environment to what she's ever been in.
These girls continue to amaze me.

No comments: