Sunday, July 15, 2012

Unbelievable. I don't think we've EVER had rain like this in July. It has rained everyday this week, and now Brushy Creek has flooded. IN JULY! crazy....
Just watched Machine Gun Preacher, the movie about the real life Sam Childers. Amazing man who is an ex biker and druggie who got saved and started an orphanage in Sudan. Not just that, but he is actually leading rescue missions for these children in the heart of LRA territory. You should see it, it will mess you up and fire you up. I so much admire men like that with balls of steel, not afraid of anything, who will do whatever it takes to defend these children. I want his courage and determination and boldness. That man is making his life count for something. That's who I want to be. (Well, similar in effectiveness and passion anyway). I don't know that I could ever be that masculine, nor would I want to be.
Anyways, watch it, if you want to know about one of the many horrors going on in Africa.

No comments: