Thursday, July 12, 2012

Some days I wonder what my world will look like in 2 years. Both kids in college. Josh traveling alot (likely), where will that leave me? How do you start a new life at the age of 41? What will I do? I have spent many hours pondering this question. Should I become a career woman, or is it too late? Should I dive into mission work (expensive)(especially with 2 college loans)? Or start that mission organization I no longer feel drawn to(too much negative emotion involved)? I can't stay home. 20 years is enough of that. I don't know that I've ever felt so direction-less. Without vision, people perish. I am already perishing. Expiring. Rotting. Languishing. Mildew-ing. (Blame the mold, it's in the VERY HIGH count today. My head is reacting poorly)
I need guidance. SOMEONE to come down here, turn my head around and kick me in the butt and say go that way.
Yep.

2 comments:

Mrs. Luttrell said...

Well woman, I know you know who to ask to guide you...have you read the Priscilla Shirer book Discerning the voice of God...it's really good, about half way though it. Could be a great start at least? :)

Shileen said...

Thanks Jess, I will get myself a copy!