Friday, December 21, 2012

Last night we went to a friends Christmas party. We used to be pretty close, but times have changed it a bit. I can say that for most of my "friends" right now. I don't really hang out with anyone outside of work or church, other than my family. I know friendships are seasonal, at least for me they seem to be. But I desire the relationships I see others having. The life long friends that stick by you no matter what. The ones you can call any time of day. The ones you vacation with, have regular dinners with, shop with, cry with, do life with. Those are all gone from my life at the moment. I once had those friends, but time and circumstance have changed it all.
Last night my eyes were opened to people I may not have thought about before in that way. I used to have a pre conceived notion of what my friends would look like and act like and that they would be my age, and have kids my age. But what if they aren't? Maybe they are older, wiser, and full of wisdom. I'm praying for open eyes to discover friendships that I may never have considered before, but were waiting here in front of me all along. Lord, let me see.

2 comments:

~kristi said...

I crave those relationships too. Our only C-mas party to even be invited to was the seniors party at the gym. Yeah, we don't get out much either. I realized over the holidays that Ben is my tried and true friend. I don't really even count on family to fill that friendship role any longer. It is just the place we are in society. Sad, but glad I have my guy and I am glad I have blogs to know you are doing well.

Shileen said...

We should go on a double date