Friday, December 07, 2012

 Tonight was Josh's company Christmas party. It was fun to put on a sparkly dress and heels and go downtown with Josh. I got to meet and chat with his old CEO's and the new one. (they just got bought out) I even got a personal apology about the whole China debacle a few months back. (when Josh got stuck in China during the buyout and everyone hosting him ((i.e. - the competitor of the new company)) found out at dinner and they promptly left and cancelled Josh's hotel and flights, etc..) I had forgotten all about that, but they wanted to apologize because they knew they were sending him into a potentially hostile situation, but were
not allowed to cancel his trip due to the legal agreement. Everything had to be normal until the announcement so there wasn't a tip off. Anyway, doesn't really matter, other than I thought that was sweet to apologize. They also acquired another company here locally so this party included them and there were some guys there that Josh used to work with at Cisco. He went to introduce me and they were like "hey I remember you from 16 years ago, you were pregnant!". That stopped me in my tracks. How on EARTH does a guy remember another coworkers wife from 16 years ago?? I sure didn't remember them.. They said I looked the same, and recognized me the minute they saw me.  Weird, just weird.
Anyways, there was a photo booth and a caricature artist at the party, thus the photos  :)

No comments: