Tuesday, September 07, 2010

All is well in the Karnes house. Hannah is happily playing her grand piano. School is done for the day. It's raining like crazy, and I got to have lunch with my fabulous mom, and I have girls night tonight.

This weekend, I got to run camera in two different services. I graduated to the main sanctuary, due to an emergency need.( i.e., someone else didn't show up)  :) That was fun. I'm gaining some very valuable experience doing this. Oh, and governor Perry came to first service. That was cool worshiping in the front row with him.

I'm getting pretty excited about my job "discussion" thursday morning with the travel agency friend. I think I can help grow the business in the group travel area. I can just imagine planning adventure travel tours, humanitarian trips, mission trips, etc.. Hopefully she agrees. Then I would just need one more part time job for the time being.




Yesterday Josh and I went for a 4+ mile walk/jog on this new trail by our house. I don't remember if I mentioned it or not, but a few weeks ago while kickboxing with Josh I hurt the top of my foot. I thought it was just a bruise at first. But after this last adventure, I'm pretty sure it's not. May have a hairline fracture or something. Ouch. Dunno, a problem for another day.. it's not going anywhere.
            Sometime over the weekend we watched "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" with the girls, I had forgotten how funny it was. Great movie for families with teens. (some bad language)
            I'm sitting here in my study watching tropical storm Hermine do a drive by, and guess what, my window sill is wet. It's not supposed to be wet. The rain is supposed to be outside. ((sigh))

No comments: