Thursday, September 16, 2010

This week has been a bit strange. One of those weeks where you feel you're in an alternate universe.
Jordan has been driving everywhere... school,church, store, where ever we go pretty much. She has come soo far. She should have her license next month, right before her 17th birthday. That will be a big help, but also entirely frightening.
So yesterday I had a horrible time at the post office. I was mailing 300 and something calendars for Rene, (because these were the address rejects from the 2500 plus ones the printer shipped for us)..  anyway 300 calendars is alot. Heavy. Very Heavy. It was VERY hot also. I was in business attire after returning from a job interview and I was trying to load these 3 HEAVY boxes onto my little dolly. I could barely lift them. After a sweat filled 10 minutes, I loaded them, only to find the dolly wouldn't move. Too much weight. So one by one I carried them into the post office. Nearly killed myself. Finally on my last trip a man follows me and offers to help. I was grateful. At this point I'm sweating so bad, I had to take off my dress jacket, and was just wearing a little cami. I didn't care. Then I get up to the counter, and guess what? No auto meter. So I have to stamp every one by hand and not just one stamp, but 5!!! "You've got to be kidding?" was my reply. "Nope." was his.  A fellow customer was standing near me shaking his head. He smiled and said I wish I could help you stamp them, I really do, but I have to go. After considering the fact that it took 2 hours to affix the address labels to these things, and realizing it would take 4-5 to do the stamps, I decided to take them back home. So I flirted my way into him carrying them all out for me. He was a sweet man.(the customer, not the postal worker) When I got them BACK into the house,  I paid Hannah to do the stamping for me. :) I hate the post office. I hope they do go out of business (and the government doesn't bail them out.)

Tomorrow could be eventful on the job hunt. Waiting to hear back on 2 jobs, and one more VERY interesting possibility came about late this afternoon. I will divulge more tomorrow after I know more. :)
Oh who cares, I'll tell you, it's GOOGLE!!!! Don't know alot yet, just a message from a recruiter, but by the time I got the message a minute later, she was gone for the day.
Anticipating a good day. Believing God has my path laid out for me.

No comments: