Sunday, November 21, 2010

So I'm having 18 family members over for Thanksgiving. Josh and I just spent 18 minutes arguing about how big a turkey we needed at HEB. We kissed for 18 seconds afterwards to make up. (Ok, so the last two 18's are fictitious), (only in number though). We ended up buying a large turkey, and another large turkey breast and a small ham. Hopefully it's enough meat. I'm currently trying out a recipe for pumpkin spice bread, and I must say my house smells delicious. I do wish I didn't have to work Monday and Tuesday so I could stay home and play.
For the first time in like forever, I didn't make it to Junior Leagues Christmas Affair this week. That's a bummer. I love getting a jump on my shopping at that event. As of now, I have bought.. nothing. Too busy with birthdays and Thanksgiving. Josh's is Friday. I'm taking him to the Spurs/Mavericks game Friday night.., that should be fun. This is my favorite time of year. I know, it's most peoples too. But we also get all 4 of our birthdays in the 2 months before Christmas; so that makes it extra special. Birthdays are a big deal around here. The birthday boy/girl gets to pick what we do all day long; including where to eat every meal. Plus, lots of presents and cakes, and parties (sometimes). It's always a fun day for all of us. I love that about our family.
Gotta go cook dinner...

No comments: