Saturday, November 27, 2010

This Thanksgiving weekend was one of my favorites. Quality time is one of my love languages, and I got to spend lots of time with my family. A close second was the year we took off with our much younger girls and ran away from Thanksgiving and headed to the hills; of Arkansas. Our families weren't pleased but Josh and I made some lasting memories as a young family. We even got chased across the state by a tornado.

I really don't care much about the food involved in this holiday, but I love having an excuse for a big ole dinner party :) And having 5 days off in a row wasn't too shabby either. I've always taken that part for granted.
I start easing back into the photog life tomorrow by running production cameras in 2 of the services. I am actually running camera 1 in the main auditorium during the 5 o'clock service. Never done that.
Josh is already snoring. It amazes me how fast he can fall asleep. Takes me forever.
I figured out how to make 3 new things this weekend. . Pumpkin spice bread, cream turkey, and carrot cake. And according to the consumers, and myself, they were absolutely wonderful. Josh said the carrot cake was one of the best he's ever had. (that's his favorite cake) I'm pretty proud of myself for being so domestic :)
Who'd have guessed I had it in me?

The girls and I went shopping today and came across some killer deals on some clothes for them. And we didn't even have to get up pre dawn!
Josh built guitar amps all day.

Yesterday, as you know, Josh and I went to San Antonio for the Spurs game. Well the girls stayed home and their 'big brothers' came over to hang out and watch the game on tv with them! The girls were so excited to have them over while we were gone and those boys earned some serious brownie points with me. Thank you Michael, Chase and Chris. You guys are the best of the best.
We love on these guys, and try to pour into their lives, and times like these, we get to see the fruit. :)
Well, enough of my blog rambling, I'm going to bed. GN

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: