Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It's a doubly sad day around here.  Josh is in California, and Michael's last day in Austin is tomorrow. He's going back to school. Jordan has grown quite fond of Michael, and he has grown quite fond of her, or so we believe. It's all speculative at this point. Boys. (shaking my head) Apparently on their non date the other night he spent most of dinner trying to talk her out of going to school in Galveston. Wanting instead for her to be closer to home. Gee, wonder why. I don't know what's going through that boys head.  Either way my little girl is sad to lose him, and that makes me sad for her.
This whole college thing is getting a little close to home. She's starting her senior year next week. Before I know it, it'll be summer. I shudder to think how rough next August is going to be. But, this is life, it happens every day. It's supposed to be this way, right?
I wouldn't trade one day that I've been home with my girls. I am so glad I chose to homeschool them all the way. I am so blessed to have really been a part of every step of their lives. I love to just lay on my bed and talk about nothing and everything with them. I love taking days off during the school year to just go shopping or watch a movie. I love that I know each and every one of their friends. I love that they say we are strict parents, but that they don't mind that, and even like it. I love that they have high standards for people, and they expect the best in their relationships. I love that they will never settle for second best in their future mates. I love that they are a light to others. Jordans family that she babysits for has decided to homeschool their elementary aged kids after getting to know Jordan over time, and realizing they want their kids to be just like her. What an amazing testimony! I love how Hannah has inherited Josh's musical ability, and applied it to piano. She has taken off so much faster than we ever dreamed possible. She can play anything! She blows my mind constantly. And she is writing songs! Beautiful ones I might add. Her dedication is far beyond her 14 years. I can't wait to see where she goes.
Ok, I'll stop bragging on my kids, I need to go to sleep anyway. There are precious few days left of this sweet summer, and I plan to spend them with my baby girls.
Goodnight all

No comments: