Thursday, August 25, 2011

Last night was pretty cool. After dropping Hannah off for practice, Jordan and I went shopping for one of her Waco outfits for the weekend. Michael has told her the first order of business when she gets there is to meet all his roommates. Naturally she wants to look good, but not look like she's trying too hard to look good, or to look like she dressed UP. Do you know how hard it is to find a wardrobe for a teenage girl going to see a boy at college?? Oh my goodness. Clothes were flying in the dressing rooms. I would sit in the chair and reassemble everything on hangers, after being handed them, like any good slave mom.
It was fun, not just because I know these days are dwindling, but because I can see her future in her eyes, and I'm so excited for her. What she didn't know, and couldn't see, was that everything she put on didn't matter. She's beautiful no matter what, and he will proudly show that off to his friends this weekend.
Afterwards we went back to church and J decided to come with Josh and I to adult service. I knew she had outgrown youth a while ago, but she finally realized it. Plus, none of her friends were there tonight. :) (I love our church immensely, but a youth group that has 12 year olds and nearly 18 year olds in the same room, getting the same message, is messed up. These two age groups need totally different material and help. ) Anyways, she LOVED adult service. Joe was actually there and he tore it up. She laughed, she cried, she was touched, she was prayed over. It was good. I'm sure she will be back. I think J was surprised at how much fun we have over in the old folks room.
And back over in youth, Hannah got to experience her dream for the first time. She got to sing and play lead keys at the same time! Apparently this is how she envisions her future and has tasted it at the age of 14.  :)  
God is good, all the time.

No comments: