Tuesday, June 29, 2010

So last night after returning home alone from dinner with the Harris's, it was dark and just starting to storm, and I came in through the garage so I  went and unlocked the front door, thinking the children should be home soon. I hadn't been home a minute before someone is pounding on the door. Now at first I thought it was the kids but I didn't see headlights, and whoever was dropping them would have waited to see them inside, so I knew it couldn't be them. I went and got my 9mm out of the nightstand and started creeping towards the door. It was dark in the house and I was hoping they didn't look through the window to see me coming, but I peeked around the door through the glass and saw the backside of a very wet dark haired guy. I was so freaked out I didn't get a good look at who it was, I just ran back to the living room and waited. With my gun.  Hoping they didn't try the unlocked handle. Eventually I saw a dark suv drive away. Why didn't I just open the door?!? I had a gun, I could have defended myself. The mystery would have been solved! Now I am left to wonder who on earth was waiting for me to get home late at night in the middle of a thunderstorm?! If it is you, and you are reading this, please tell me! I hate unsolved mysteries...

No comments: