Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oh what a night..
I laid down to go to sleep and was struck with this horrible pain in my lower left abdomen. No matter how I positioned myself I couldn't get rid of it. By about 2 or 3AM I was seriously considering going to the ER, but I didn't want to leave the girls home alone. I watched the clock slowly roll on and around 5am I made an online appointment with my doctor. Around 8 am the pain finally let up enough to fall asleep. But I was awakened by my dr's text scheduling an appt for 1:30pm. So I am on about 2 hours sleep. Went in, and he thinks it's what I suspected, a flare up of diverticulitis. I had this once before years ago. He decided to skip the testing since I told him I'd had it before, and he went straight for the hardcore antibiotics. 2 different kinds of them, 6 pills a day for 2 weeks. The side effects listed on these things almost seem worse than the pain. (They include psychotic episodes, haha) But the risk of my colon rupturing is much worse. He said about 1 in 20 rupture during a flare up, and rupture is very bad. I can't run or exercise(risk of rupture or a torn tendon), have to eat bland foods, and not a sip of alcohol or I'll immediately throw up(not a problem, just amusing). And if the pain doubles or triples all of a sudden, I must rush to the ER.
I'm so glad Josh is on his way home to me. :) 
Please join me in prayer that not only does my colon not rupture, but that it heals and never breaks down again. Also that I won't have really bad side effects to these drugs. Thanks friends.

2 comments:

Mrs. Luttrell said...

hang in there girl and take all those meds! Prayers being sent your way!

~kristi said...

I hope you are feeling better by now. I have been so busy lately and haven't been checking blogs. I hope Josh is home now.