Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Yesterday sucked. That's all I have to say about that.
Today we went to UT to get Jordan's passport renewed with no wait! Unheard of, so glad to have found this little gem of a place. And then...
Jordan accepted her offer of admission to A&M Galveston, and preregistered for the new student conference, and I put down a housing deposit. This is getting way too real and official...   Like, really freaking out. My child is really going. I'm sure you'll hear me whine even more as the months go by, so prepare yourself. Let me say something else, it's freakin expensive to send your kids to college! Just today I shelled out 75 for the conference fee, and 300 for the housing deposit. That's just today! 15k per year plus food and gas and whatever else she will need. It's a great deal compared to other schools, but is still alot of money. I don't have a spare 1200 a month. I filled out the FAFSA (financial aid forms) and according to them we have tons of money rolling in. They only ask for income, not expenses, so we're ruled out on need based on that. Hopefully she will be considered for aid based on merit. She has exceptional grades and great test scores. Otherwise we'll have one heck of a loan. 

Breathing in deeply....... exhale slowly.....

No comments: