Friday, May 07, 2010

i am sooo tired from a ridiculously early wake up..
René booked me on Southwest, which is probably the only airline I dont
have frequent flier miles on. Not sure how I feel about them. I mean
the whole open seating thing is a study in human interaction. For
instance, if you get on first, then you really have no control over
who sits next to you, but if u get on last, you have to scan all the
people row by row and make quick surface evaluations of who you are
going to spend the next couple of hours with. Admittedly I had already
begun to size people up at the gate. I ended up picking a couple
sitting in the exit row. Hey, lots of leg room. Didn't want to risk
starting my own row with all the creepers behind me eyeballing me for
the last hour. Not sure I like that whole process. Except they still
have free checked baggage. A plus.
Took a 2 hour nap in the Nashville airport. Then on the last flight
someone made the mistake of asking about a good BBQ restaurant and the
big debate started with all us locals. It was a fun discussion and a
good way to identify all the Austinites as they came out of the
woodwork.
Anyways... After a small delay I landed a little after noon and when I
was going down the escalator, I suddenly missed my spouse and got the
urge to have a dramatic reunion so I saw Josh across the hall and ran
to him and jumped on him as if I hadn't seen him in months. Josh said
I caused a pretty big scene with an audience. But he didn't mind :-)
Came home, had a nap, then we took the girls and saw Iron Man 2. Josh
and I agreed it was better than the first.
Now another playoff party here at the house...

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: