Wednesday, May 12, 2010

So tonight I wasn't really even wanting to go to church; Rene was out
of town, Joe wasn't gonna be there, and i was just not in the mood.
But I went anyway. So glad I did.
You know, my hope was gone. Hope for anything effective to come out of
my life. Idealism-gone. I was actually starting to believe that I
might NOT change the world. Depression had set in. Troubles abound.
But then..
Charles was preaching. Midway through talking about Moses he stopped
and looked around and said "This is a word for one of you. You think
you're done and passed over because you messed up. But God has not
revoked the calling on you. Don't give up hope. He may just need to
put you on a shelf for a little while. "
Yeah. That was for me. A spark of life to an otherwise dry, darkened
soul.

In other news, I was invited by Elliott and Chris to go see David
Crowder next weekend and have lunch with him!! Yes!


Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

~kristi said...

where is david crowder going to be? He is my favorite musician ever!
so glad about church, love how that happens.

Shileen said...

just his home church in waco for sunday morning service. Elliott's friend knows him real well