Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Got the call this evening you never want to get. The one from the police department telling you your husband has been in an accident and is being taken to the hospital. He was on a bike ride, I was at the gym. They told me he was unconscious for 20 minutes, according to the nurse who witnessed the whole thing on a bike behind him. Apparently a car was parked on the shoulder on Parmer lane and right when josh was flying by he opened the door. Josh flew over the door at a huge speed and skidded and landed pretty far away. He doesn't remember a thing until waking up in the ambulance. By the time I got to the hospital, Renè, Chase, Daniel and Will were all there and he had been taken back for scans. One broken rib, a jacked up arm, and a bad concussion. Miracle I tell you. Absolute miracle. The helmet pictured below, and prayer, saved his life. So grateful I have him lying next to me tonight. And so thankful for true friends who helped us so much tonight.
I am in awe.

No comments: