Thursday, March 24, 2011

So I got home from work today and immediately threw down my purse and the mail and headed outside to get my gardening gloves. It had been 3 days since the last time I got to play outside. I decided to dig up this huge tropical plant/bush that I loved, that had not survived the cold this year. I can't believe how difficult it was! I kept digging and digging and digging and I would pull, but it just wouldn't come out. That's when the spiritual light bulb came on. This is what it must have been like with me. I had to get out my gardening loppers and literally cut the roots, all 50 of them, and even then I had to use all my might and a shovel to pry this thing out. When it finally came out, there was this hole. A crater. If I don't fill it with something beautiful and alive, it will fill itself, with all manner of nastiness. It's like a blank canvas. Ready to be created again. Wow. Heavy stuff, huh?
Well before you go thinking I'm just that Holy, listen to this. I then proceeded to turn on the garden hose and while messing around with my new nozzle, it came on full blast and sprayed me right in the face. Like a hard flood, on my face. I literally laughed out loud. :)

No comments: