Monday, March 28, 2011

I spent a good portion of the weekend at church running camera for our mens conference. They were some great messages, but the physical demand on my body was just too much. My shoulder muscles are bruised from overuse. It's just not ok for your body to be in that position for hours on end. I much prefer mens events to womens, however. Better food, better music, and being in a room full of men puts me at ease. I feel safe, and protected, and comfortable. I always had mostly male friends growing up, and brothers, so I just feel better around them. As opposed to womens events where I am uncomfortable and on edge, and I don't know what to do with myself. It's not that I'm manly. Quite the opposite. I consider myself very feminine and prefer dresses to jeans any day. But I guess I just have trouble relating to most women. Not sure why. I don't like bridal/baby showers, tea parties, salad luncheons, etc.. But I love being a woman. Can't figure it out.
Robert Barriger spoke this weekend. He's a missionary with one of the most influential churches in Peru
(Camino De Vida).  He has an orphanage that rescues abandoned children and raises them. Amazing ministry. He is so inspirational to me. Just a surfer who wanted to change the world, and God used him. I pray I can one day be used again. 
Josh went to the neurologist today and was assured that all the side effects he's having are normal. And he will recover; it's just going to take some time. Good news.
I stopped into the Bistro in Gtown for lunch today and spent well over an hour talking with the owner Louann(an acquaintance). Had a great chat, didn't intend to stay that long, but I am so glad I did. I really like her. I am having lunch with Rene tomorrow, the Gatlins on Wednesday, and seeing Heather Thursday night. I think maybe I'm missing my friends.   Lonely, and feeling blue. Grateful for all the blessing in my life though. I really really am.

No comments: