Saturday, August 14, 2010

Had a great family day today. Long lazy morning, then down to campus for lunch at BurgerTex. Then we went to the city wide garage sale at Palmer Events Center. Now THAT was cool. We found several super cheap, old pieces of luggage that we fell in love with, a few other gadgets, and then.... I looked down..and found it. THE SWORD. I have always wanted one. I picked it up and pulled it out of it's sheath, and lifted it up, and fell in love. I was scared to ask how much. But I did. He practically gave it to me because Josh was buying a leather overnight bag for like $15! New! We paid $25 total!! For a SWORD and a new leather carryon bag!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what that guy was smoking, but that was the deal of the century! This is not some cheap sword. It's like 4 feet long and very heavy. I'll take a picture tomorrow so you can see. I think he could tell how much I loved it and he maybe wanted it to go to a good home. It is now hanging on the wall in my dining room :) But not so high that I can't take it down and play with it..

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: